Tuesday, November 10, 2009

You Have To Start Somewhere - Week 1 Day 1

November 8, 2009, I started the Couch to 5k program.  I started this program several years ago after I quit smoking, but severe allergies and a subsequent sinus infection threw me off track, and I just never picked it back up.  I found some podcasts for each week and decided to give those a try.  I remember what an inconvenience watching the time was when I started this the last time, so they looked like a great idea.

The weather was good.  It had rained most of the day, so the ground was wet, and it was a little muggy, but tolerable.  Week 1 of the Couch to 5k program has you alternate between 60 seconds running and 90 seconds walking, with a total of 8 running segments.  A chime sounds and the music changes tempo when it is time to alternate.  I completed the entire program without any problems.  There were even a couple of running segments where I felt like I could have kept running, at least for a few more seconds.

Overall, I was pretty proud of myself.  I felt empowered.  I am anxious to run again.

No comments:

Post a Comment